CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2013

From:
Gerhard Holst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 08:24:04 +0100

Dear Zulin Yu,

I have seen Visitron efficiently using 2 sCMOS cameras pco.edge with their new yokogawa Spinning disk system.
In general the calculations suggest that from, let's say 10-12 photons the SNR of corresponding sCMOS cameras is better than the emCCD cameras, but this also means front illuminated compared to front illuminated image sensors. From the guys at Visitron I have heard, that they are happy with the synchronization of the sCMOS cameras, but they mostly used Photometrics Evolve cameras back illuminated emCCD cameras before.
Still, if you in the photon counting range, the BI emCCD would do better.

I have to state, that I work for PCO, but I conducted the sCMOS project on our side.

with best regards,

Gerhard Holst

Dr. Gerhard Holst
Science & Research