CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2014

From:
Tung-Ling Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:08:33 +0800

We routinely apply Nile Red to PFA fixed samples (green algae, plant tissues).  0.1% Triton slightly disrupt LD morphology, so apply nile red without permeabilization would be preferable if LD morphology is critical.  Also, applying glycerol resulted in high background fluorescence in nile red stained sample.

李冬齡Tung-Ling Li Chen, Ph.D.
Visiting Associat Fellow
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology
Academia Sinica