CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2007

From:
Christina Pyrgaki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:49:45 -0600

Steve Ruzin is the person you need to contact! He has done such an amazing job with the Golub Collection and I am sure he would love to take a look at your microscopes!
The website for the Golub collection is http://golubcollection.berkeley.edu/.
This site not only is an amazing source of historical information about the “evolution” of microscopes, but also a source of pictures of authentic and functioning microscopes that Dr. Ruzin has taken apart cleaned and put back together. Some of them look like works of art! You can also check out the microscope of the month, which for this month is Cuff-Style Compound Microscope by George Sterrop.
I thought that many of you will find this website really interesting.
Alicia, you can also find Dr.Ruzin’s contact info on the website.
Sincerely,
Chistina

Christina Pyrgaki

University of Colorado at Denver
and Health Sciences Center
Department of Pediatrics RC1-N
12800 E. 19th Ave rm 4402E
P.O. Box # 6511
Aurora, CO 80045
TEL. 303 724-3794
FAX. 303 724-3792

"Any life is worth living until you examine it."
Cohrs, 1970