CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2012

From:
Joe Ping-Lin Hsiao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:08:18 -0400

Hi Manoj,

I am the developer of ImageSurfer. I just want to add more details
regard Tim's post. ImageSurfer has a filter designed specifically for
extracting tube-shape structures, like blood vessels and neurons. As
for the analysis, I don't know what you are looking for, but
ImageSurfer can locate and highlight intersections in the branches and
output the ratio of each type of branch (3-way, 4-way, and etc). The
tutorial is at http://cismm.cs.unc.edu/resources/tutorials/imagesurfer-2-tutorials/imagesurfer2-fibrin-network-structure-analysis/.

There are also more tutorials available at
http://cismm.cs.unc.edu/resources/tutorials/imagesurfer-2-tutorials/.

Go take a look and feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Joe