CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2015

From:
Ilaria Testa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2015 16:30:49 +0000
Dear all,
I’m looking for enthusiastic scientists to work with in my new born lab in Stockholm, Sweden
on the development of next generation super resolution microscopes for neuronal imaging.

If you are interested please find below the details

Best Regards,
Ilaria Testa

———————————————-

Call for PhD and Postdoc positions
The laboratory of Ilaria Testa at SciLifeLab, Department of Applied Physics, Royal institute of Technology KTH (Stockholm, Sweden),
is looking for an engineer or a physicist with interest in advanced light microscopy to develop novel, sensitive super-resolution microscopes to investigate neuronal proteins.

I’m a new appointed group leader aiming to build a team of physicists and biologists with the goal of pushing the spatio-temporal resolution
of lens-based microscopes to a new level by developing next generation super-resolution microscopes.
The primary focus will be to study neuronal proteins in complex systems at a molecular relevant length scale (5-50nm).

During my post-doc in the group of Nobel Laureate Stefan Hell, we have developed several super-resolution microscopes
based on single molecule detection (PALM, GSDIM) and targeted switching (STED/RESOLFT/SSIM) approaches.
In particular, we have shown for the first time that RESOLFT microscopy can image living cells with nanometers resolution and its potential in tissues imaging.
We now would like to expand this concept to different optical schemes in order to improve its performance for live neuronal imaging.

Experience in LabView, Matlab or Python programming and Widefield optics would be a strong asset.
If you would like to join our interdisciplinary team, contact me at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Ilaria Testa, PhD.
Assistant Professor
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Dept. of Applied Physics