CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2012

From:
Craig Brideau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2012 13:15:37 -0600

Blu Ray missed the boat. For the price of a a Blu Ray system and all the
disks you need for your backup, you could buy several 1 TB hard drives.
 Everyone is pretty much moving to hard disks, even for longer term storage
these days.  Oddly enough, Tape Drives are still in use for long term
storage, since their price per GB is still competitive.  They are still
very slow, whereas hard disks give you pretty much immediate access.  We
have a RAID5 system and a Drobo system for our own lab.

Craig