CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 1999

Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:19:22 -0600
And I paraphase:

Essentially, if one cannot completely avoid cross-talk through
"multitracking," then no matter how sharp you can define the emmission band,
it still contains both signals.

Perhaps the issue will become moot when the new Leica hits the stores, thus
allowing multitracking and spectral tuning on the same system.

In the meantime, perhaps users of this Leica feature can comment on the
pros/cons...  Is the the best thing since sliced bread; just a neat option;
no big deal?

Michael A. Mancini, Ph.D.
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX

PS: I don't work for or have financial ties to either company!

: <v04020a02b472c4acf20a@[128.231.106.35]>...