CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2002

From:
Andreas Schatzlein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:23:42 -0000

What cells do you use?

We have used DAPI to label the nucleus in living cells in a number of
different human tumour cell lines.
Although I am sure a DAPI stained nucleus is not very physiological the
cells seem to be quite happy 12 hours later and endocytotic processes seem
to be still active.

Andreas

Andreas G. Schatzlein
Department of Medical Oncology