CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2016

From:
Kenneth Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2016 04:22:26 -0800

Hi all,

We're in the process of designing microfluidic devices for multi-day
time-lapse imaging. In the past we've had some trouble with image quality
for very large devices deteriorating due to the loss/thinness of the
immersion oil layer between sample and objective when very large areas are
scanned. We have only used traditional oil objectives (no water or
glycerol) Does anyone have any strategies to mitigate this or rules of
thumb about "safe" maximum sampling areas or distances to travel?

Thanks,
Ken Chen