CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Your Name <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 11:54:05 -0800
Hello,

We use Feulgen stain to discriminate between chick cells and quail cells
based on a large staining appearance of the quail nucleoli. This is a
well established method in embryology for cellular fate mapping. Feulgen
stain is brightly fluorescent in the green HeNe wavelength and is
difficult to bleach. We even clear our tissue specimens to allow deep
z-scanning by confocal. Maybe it can also work in your case.

Wilfred Denetclaw Jr., Ph.D.             Tina Denetclaw, Pharm.D. , BCPS
Department of Anatomy, Box 0452          Assistant Clinical Professor
School of Medicine                  &    School of Pharmacy (Box 0622)
University of California                 University of California
San Francisco, CA. 94143-0452            San Francisco, CA  94143
(415)476-1530 (Office)                   [log in to unmask] (E-mail)
(415)476-3586 (FAX)
[log in to unmask] (E-mail)