CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Robert Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 06:50:02 -0400
>Many of our users would like to open and project their Z-series on their
>own (Win95/98/NT) PCs...indeed, with a user group of >30 users in >15 labs
>(and growing), most image viewing and manipulation needs to be done
>"off-line." Finding affordable Win95/98/NT software for that purpose is
>proving problematic, despite Zeiss's verbal and written assurance during
>demos and the bidding process that a portable projection-capable browser
>would be made available free or at nominal cost.

Sounds as though you have the option to sue for breach-of-contract.  A
letter from your lawyer will not solve you problem but could win you a
financial concession.  The question then becomes "how long will it tiake
for your lawyer and Zeiss' lawyer to come to terms?"  That IS what your
university lawyers are there to do so you might as well take advantage of
them!  I love the modern world...
Robert J. Palmer Jr., Ph.D.
Natl Inst Dental Craniofacial Res - Natl Insts Health
Oral Infection and Immunity Branch
Bldg 30, Room 308
30 Convent Drive
Bethesda MD 20892