CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Steffen Dietzel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 16:32:18 +0200
--- Robert Palmer <[log in to unmask]> schrieb: > The software you
currently use to collect images is reasonably powerful
> (particularly if it includes the 3D features) but hopelessly
> user-unfriendly and antiquated in its interface, and is in some respects
> rather "buggy".  However, not to fear!  You can export your image files as
> TIF images for import into other, more intuitive programs.  Of course, you
> must BUY these programs....

Yup. That's pretty much the way to go. I doubt that there is 3rd party software
for the os9 platform.
You wouldn't have to buy NIH-Image or its clones, of course since they are all
free. (Powerfull but black and white only)
Also, you don't necessarily have to use tif. The native Leica-4D file format is
a simple series of files with black and white images (one for each frame) plus
an info file that contains the "header" information. e.g. in NIH Image you can
copy all the files in one directory and then select the option "open all".
Somebody from this list once wrote a macro to open theese files and gave the
macro to me, but I am afraid I lost it when I switched labs.

Hope this helps
Steffen

=====
Steffen Dietzel, Dr. rer. nat.
Institut für Anthropolgie und Humangenetik der
Universität München, Germany
phone: +49/89/2180-6713
fax:   +49/89/2180-6719
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  Web:  http://www.sdietzel.de