CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

From:
Liz Nickless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 13:59:01 +1200
We have a research project studying components of a milk product and have
probed specifically for polysaccharides with Alexafluor 488 SB we would also
like to probe specifically for proteins in this sample and dual label and
scan. We have an argon/krypton mixed gas laser. The Alexa uses the 488 line
with a 510 beamsplitter and we were wondering which would be the best probe
for the protein that would emit at a longer wavelength say around 590nm
would be good for the filter sets that we have and the type of sample that
we have.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance
 and thankyou very much to those people that responded to my request re
pricing structures and setup arrangements.

Liz Nickless
Manager
Confocal Microscope Facility
Massey University