CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

May 2000

Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 12:47:10 EDT
Hello,

I would like to announce an exciting job opportunity to the confocal
community.

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT

POSITION TITLE:      SR. SCIENTIST/ENGINEER LIGHT MICROSCOPY NIKON INC.
MELVILLE, NY

As seen in the 19 May issue of Science:
http://recruit.sciencemag.org/cgi/show/5469/5469x03207

Sr. Applications Scientist/Engineer
Bring Your Light Microscopy
Experience To The BioScience  Division Of  Nikon Inc.

Our world renowned company has an excellent opportunity for a professional
with extensive experience in light microscopy, specifically in advanced
BioScience technologies in our USA headquarters located in Melville, Long
Island , NY.  Today, scientists at world-renowned biological institutions are
making tremendous advances in Cancer, AIDS, Alzheimer's, in-vitro
fertilization and other leading-edge research. Nikon is proud to be playing a
role in this enormously important work. Our ongoing commitment to optical
excellence and technological advancement is allowing researchers to view
objects never before seen by the human eye. We would like to invite you to
investigate the new opportunities and technologies available at Nikon Inc.
BioSciences.

JOB SUMMARY

Provide the principal conduit for technical information and feedback between
the end user/sales network and Nikon Factory engineers on: product
applications, product acceptance, competitive changes, required product
improvements, new technologies and methodologies that impact Nikon's present
and future business.  Provide the sales force with technical assistance to
successfully satisfy customer's needs and complete the sale.  Create and
conduct training curriculum on advanced microscopy and new technologies to
Nikon distribution and end users.  Attend trade shows, workshops and national
dealer / sales meetings.  Write technical and applications bulletins to end
users and distribution channels as well articles for publication in Bio
journals highlighting Nikon technology or applications.

Selected candidate will act as liaison for technical information and feedback
between the end user/sales network and Nikon factory engineers on all matters
pertaining to our BioScience technical product line. Applicants must have a
Ph.D. in BioSciences, BioEngineering or Physics with a specialty in optics,
or equivalent experience. Knowledge of advanced microscopy techniques and
optical principals including fluorescence applications, imaging and confocal
applications required. Excellent communications skills in English a must,
along with good writing and public speaking abilities. Excellent benefits and
compensation provided.

Mail or fax your resume, which MUST include salary requirements, to:
HR Department, Nikon Inc., 1300 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, NY 11747. Fax:
631-547-4025.

Or send a digital cover letter and resume / CV in (plain text, MS Word, or
.pdf  file)  to [log in to unmask]

Check our website:   www.nikonusa.com.

Also See add display in NY Times:
http://search.nytimes.com/classified/display/adverts/524986401/