CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
Donald O'Malley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:09:17 -0400
Hi Folks-

     A colleague wants to image calcium in living
Giardia.  The obvious thing to try is the AM calcium
indicators.  If anyone has more specific information
on imaging calcium in Giardia, or similar microrganisms,
 please let me know.  I would be especially interested in
whether or not AM loading is known to work and/or
if there are other "easy" loading techniques  [to be
perfectly frank, I'm not exactly sure what Giarda is!
but they are supposedly relatively transparent in a
monolayer like culture].

      On a completely unrelated topic:
I have a stack of reprints on the VolVis article that I
mentioned, each one with an address that many  of you
emailed to me some time ago.  I will stuff them in envelopes
and mail them this week.  Seriously.  My apologies for
taking so very long.

Best Regards,
Don

Donald M. O'Malley, Ph.D.