CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
David Knecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:31:43 -0400
We have just finished our first day of Zeiss 510 demo and I am
confused by the results.  We had the clear impression that the Zeiss
was far more sensitive than the new Leica SP.  It is hard given that
the demo's were weeks apart and it is difficult to match all the
variables, but we seemed to be able to get high quality images with
far less laser power on the Zeiss.  Has anyone else found this to be
true?  From the previous discussions of prisms vs. filters, the
conclusion seemed to be that the Leica should be at least as
sensitive if not more.

"Home of the 2000 NCAA Women's Basketball Champions"

Dr. David Knecht
University of Connecticut
75 N. Eagleville Rd.   U-125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125