CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
Christian Lohr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:39:35 -0700
Hi David,

are the 37 degrees the problem? If not already done, try loading cells
with the AM ester at room temperature. There are cells that load well at
room temperature, maybe you have to double the dye concentration and/or
incubation time. If you are using the cells for confocal calcium imaging
(excitation at 488 nm), I would recommend Fluo-4. You need only half the
amount of dye in the cells to get the same fluorescence intensity as
Fluo-3 at 488 nm. In our lab in Kaiserslautern, Germany, Fluo-4-loading
works fine at room temparature in astrocytes in culture.

Cheers
Chris

--
Christian Lohr, Ph.D.