CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2000

From:
"Tobin, MJ (Mark)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:36:01 +0100
Dear All

Can anybody advise me of suitable companies who may be able to provide a
"bolt-on" scanning and data acquisition system that might operate our custom
"optical bench" confocal system?  We currently run x/y galvo mirrors (+5V -
-5V), PI piezo z-drive (0-10V), and detect in two channels with Hamamatsu
R3896 cooled PMTs (output 0-1V after current to V conversion and
amplification).

I am currently using a rather old "hand made" scanning and data acquisition
system and I need to replace this as soon as possible.  Cannibalising a
commercial confocal does not seem an appropriate route.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards
Mark Tobin

Dr. Mark Tobin