CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2001

From:
Susan Krueger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:25:51 -0700
Dear Confocalists,

I would like to test the mounting medium called Permafluor. It is made by
Shannon Lipshaw, marketed by Immunotech in Europe, and available in the
U.S. from Beckman-Coulter, product #IM0752. B-C has not been able to get a
response, from the developer, to my questions . Does anyone know what the
refrative index of Permafluor is? How does it compare to Prolong Antifade?
Has anyone used the current formulation to mount thick (350 micron) tissue
samples?  We're looking at fixed, whole cricket ganglia.
Thank you,

Susan Krall Krueger
Center for Computational Biology
Montana State University