CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2001

From:
Mario Moronne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:36:09 -0800
Renato,

Besides Patricks approach, you can simply put all of the images in a
single folder, PC or Mac, then use the Import command (Scion or
NIH-Image) with the settings offset set to 76 bytes and the
appropriate image size entered (the images must all be of the same
dimensions), and with the number of slices (images) set equal to or
greater than the number you want to load. After completing the
"Settings" check the calibrate box, but more importantly check open
"all" files in the folder. This will load all the files (assuming
enough RAM) into separate windows. Then just use the Windows to Stack
command and you are more or less done. A caveat is that if the images
were originally different colors, as in different labels, then this
may not be the best approach. You will have to keep track of which
image is which color. In this case, you could write a Batch Macro in
Photoshop and turn your image set into a multi-layered Photoshop file.

Good luck,

Mario

>Hello
>Perhaps this issue was brought up earlier, I just couldn't find in my
>records. I would like to group different BioRad *.pic images into a single
>stack. Any hints are welcome.
>
>Renato
>
>Dr. Renato A. Mortara
>Disciplina de Parasitologia