CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2001

From:
Mike Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:57:43 +0000
        It so happens that I just purchased one of these Olympus
water-immersion objectives, and tried the same z-resolution test (w/ water as
immersion medium...) and obtained the exact same result as Jessica did.  We
also obtained the same result using another objective (same model) that the rep
brought.  Finally, an Olympus 60x 1.4 oil-immersion objective looks fine using
the same test on the same equipment (Olympus IX-70, Biorad Radiance).  I've not
tried doing a wide-field psf measurement.

Mike