CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2001

From:
Steve Paddock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:48:29 -0500
Dear All,

It seems that a majority of folks would like to keep the confocal
listserver as is.  This means that replies will continue to be sent
to the entire group.

In order to avoid personal messages going out to the entire group one
should closely check the return addresses in both the "To" line AND
the "Bcc" line BEFORE hitting "Send" - at the present time there is a
Bcc to "©bit.listserv.confocal" that sends the message out to a wider
newsgroup and, strangely it seems, back to the entire group again.....

I'm not sure where the BCC to the newsgroup came from but, unless,
there are major reasons agin it, we are working to remove it.  One
should always check since return addresses can be added by the person
sending a message.

To be completely safe, one should send personal messages as an
entirely new message....

Let's keep the "vibrant" discussions going!

Cheers

Steve

--
Steve Paddock, Ph.D.,