CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2001

From:
"A.Serrano" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:55:59 +0100
At 15:48 24/10/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Howdy,
>On the Confocal, I am trying to stain Nuclei in
>Cultured Tumor cells. What would you all suggest would
>be the best nuclear stain (in the 633nm range), would
>it be ToPro? I may be using Alexa 488 or 568 as a
>secondary. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

The Topro 3 stain only DNA (It´s not Inecessary to use RNAse) and work very
well exciting under 633nm.
The only problem is the photobleaching: you need to use  antifading  medium.

It is available from Molecular Probes and the use concentracion is 1:1000
(starting from the commercial solution).

Bye:

Antonio Serrano H. MD PhD
Photonic Microscopy Facility
Dep. Immunology & Oncology. Lab 416