CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2001

From:
Eric Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:26:44 -0800
     With all the current discussions relating to choice of confocal
     microscope, detection sensitivity and upgradability  you might be
     interested to know that Bio-Rad will be holding an Exhibition Showcase
     at the American Society of  Cell Biology meeting in Washington on
     Monday 10th December, Room 13/14  at 4.00-7.00pm.  In addition, at the
     stand there will be a Radiance2100 with the new 405nm blue laser diode
     for e.g. CFP and DAPI imaging and the SELs option for high-viability
     live cell imaging and increased sensitivity. There will also be the
     chance to see the new Clonis live cell isolation and laser processing
     system.

     Please get your tickets from the Bio-Rad stand (212-217).

     Invited speakers at the Showcase will be:-
     S. Reichelt and W.B. Amos . MRC LMB, Camb. UK.
     The practical use of reduced confocal performance and increased signal
     strength: comparison of a SELs-equipped point scanning confocal
     microscope with the Yokogawa/Perkin Elmer.

     Prof. Ammasi Periasamy: Univ. Virginia
     A study of protein interactions using two-photon excitation FRET
     microscopy

     J.C. Bouwer and Prof. M.H. Ellisman.  UCSD, San Diego, California.
     High speed two photon excitation microscopy (TPEM) using the Bio-Rad
     RTS2000 video rate scanning microscope.

     David Morris. Bio-Rad Microscience Ltd. UK
     A system for live cell isolation and laser processing of tissue in
     vitro.

     There will be refreshments served too. We look forward to seeing you
     there.

     Regards

     Eric Pierce Ph.D.
     Product manager