CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2002

From:
Alison North <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:30:54 -0500

Hi Susan,

I haven't tested the Bioptechs FCS2 system thoroughly so I can't comment on
that, but I can highly recommend the Warner Instruments RC-30 confocal
imaging chamber which I have been testing out for them over the past few
months.  Like all closed systems it is a bit tricky to assemble, but the
temperature equilibrates within minutes and it is then extremely
stable.  Using it in conjunction with my DeltaVision microscope I have
collected images over periods of 4 hours or more without needing to
re-focus once (and this is using a x60 or x100 lens).  We have also used it
successfully for 24-48 hour periods with perfusion, though the perfusion is
rather fiddly.

No commercial interest - but when you find something that works it's worth
passing on the good news.

Good luck finding a system you like!
Best wishes,
Alison