CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2002

From:
Stamatis Pagakis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:59:03 +0000

Hi

I agree on the 30 min limit for the HG lamp.  One exception is at the
beginning of its life when, I believe, it is better to leave it burn in
for the whole day.

Regarding the laser:  We have been told by the service engineers that
switching off and then the laser equals (in terms of wear) to about 3
hrs at standby.  They have not been able to substantiate this with any
data, but we are following their recommendation and only switch the
laser off if there is more than 3 hrs gap between users.

I'd like to hear what other users do on this issue.

Regards,

--
Dr Stamatis Pagakis
Confocal microscopy and Image Analysis Laboratory