CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2002

From:
Dave McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:03:22 -0800

Actually, JASC Animation Shop 3 can save a TIFF series in AVI video format.
I use it routinely on our Leica stacks.  Depending on which compression codec
used you can get a nice quality video that is small in size.  I've had
pretty good
results with the Cinepak and DivX codecs.

Also, Adobe ImageReady 3 (part of Photshop 6) can export a TIFF series as a
Quicktime movie.

I'll have to agree with Jason though, QT Pro definitely has the most bang
for the buck.

Dave McDonald

At 02:07 PM 3/19/02 -0500, Jason Kirk wrote:
>The easiest way I have found is to use Quicktime Pro.  QT Pro can directly
>import a TIFF series and generate a movie where you can customize speed of
>playback, compression, etc.  You can use it on a PC with PowerPoint, no
>problem.  Fast, easy and it's only $30.
>
>PS - JASC Animation Shop only creates animated GIF files.  If you want any
>control over movie functions like play, stop , speed, etc...Animated GIF
>CANNOT provide this.

Dave McDonald
Scientific Imaging Lab
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center