CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2002

From:
Sven Terclavers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:32:57 +0100

Well,  you might want to try the following: you can quench the
autofluorescence for a while, if you flash a couple of times with a flash
of a photocamera.
I've been trying it at our lab to quench muscle tissue (the myofibril has a
very high autofluorescence), I used a Metz-45C flash and flashed about 10
times.  This flash has a pretty high intensity and quenches over the total
lightspectrum.  I did notice that the autofluorescence returns after a
while (time-depending on the tissue etc.), but I had enough time to make
some nice scans with a much lower intensity of the autofluorescence.
I'd say, give it a try!  :-)  Good luck,

Sven Terclavers

Sven Terclavers
Research Assistent
Center for Molecular and Vascular Biology
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy
Campus Gasthuisberg O/N Level 9
Herestraat 49 - 3000 Leuven - Belgium
E-mail: [log in to unmask]