CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2002

From:
Peter Van Osta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 10:11:47 +0200

Hi,

I implemented my own tracking software a couple of years ago, based on
the Kanade-Lucas-Tomasi Feature Tracker (KLT) and it performs very well.
Once you have a software library to create movies and afterwards extract
frames for video analysis it is not so hard to do. If the objects of
interest show considerable shape variation, software based on a mean
shift tracker could be a nice option.

Another important issue is to sample the moving objects at the
appropriate rate and spatial density, so your software can find the
spatial and temporal relation between the moving objects.