CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

October 2002

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:14:29 -0700

Hello All,
A question for those of you utilizing RAID arrays.  Are you using off
the shelf software and components, such as LaCie RAID systems, or are
you buying enclosures and drives, writing software in-house to build
your own systems? Another group in our core built their own terabyte
array and are encouraging us to do the same, but I'm leery of spending
money on a programmer just to replicate turn-key systems.

Thanks,
Glen

--
Glen MacDonald