CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2003

From:
Rosemary White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:33:09 +1100

Dear Mike,

We have a couple of users who do quite a bit of CFP/YFP imaging with the Ar
laser using the 457 line for CFP and 514 line for YFP.  It's one of the
standard AOTF filter/beam splitter combinations that the Leica SP2 has in
its range and seems to work pretty well - it's not the peak EX but works
fine as long as you have a reasonable signal.  You can probably get an
appropriate filter set made for an older confocal, and I imagine this
combination is fairly standard with most (all?) of the newer ones.
cheers,
Rosemary

>Hello all.  I would like to do some CFP/YFP imaging and I was wondering if
>anyone out there has been successful in doing so using a 457nm line for CFP
>excitation?  Suggestions for filter combinations?  I would like to avoid
>buying an HeCd laser for 442nm excitation, as I already have a 457nm source.
>
>Any suggestions appreciated.
>
>Thanks all!
>
>Mike Adams
>

>Michael C. Adams
>Research Technician for Dr. Clare Waterman-Storer
>Laboratory of Cell Motility Studies
>Department of Cell Biology
>The Scripps Research Institute
>10550 North Torrey Pines Road, CB 163
>La Jolla, CA 92037
>
>TEL 858.784.9244
>FAX 858.784.7521
>EMAIL [log in to unmask]

Dr Rosemary White               [log in to unmask]
Microscopy Centre               fax     61- 2 6246 5000
CSIRO Plant Industry            ph.     61- 2 6246 5475 or
GPO Box 1600            mob.  61- 0402 835 973
Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia