CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

April 2003

Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:04:58 +0800

Dear all,
I use glycerol based mounting medium to mount the
sample in the cover slide. But sometime I add too much
and it take a long long time for it to dry. And
sometimes I add too little that air bubbles will be
present in my samples?
Would anybody mind telling how much mounting should be
just enough for covering the whole cover plate?
Thanks a lot!

Sum Lam

 --- xjsun <[log in to unmask]> 的郵件內容:> Search
the CONFOCAL archive at

> Hi, Michal,
>
> I think the only fixable mitochandria dye is
> Mitotracker red. But the results
> may vary depending on tissue, fixation procedure.
>
> I saw with the same tissue, some area fixed very
> well, and other areas looks
> rather bad.
>
> One more thing, it seems works fine with glycerol
> based mounting media -for
> short period of time. Leave it too long will results
> in dye diffusion, raising
> background level. For thick tissue, I used to use
> Methyl salycilate,
> Mitotracker red will broaden its emission spectrum
> and shift further red. It
> will mess up all colocalization attempts.
>
> Hope this helps and good luck!
>
> xuejun
>

> >===== Original Message From Confocal Microscopy
> List
> >Search the CONFOCAL archive at

> >Hello All,
> >
> >Would any of you have experience with MitoTracker
> dyes such as to recommend
> >which to use for double labelling of FIXED cells to
> be viewed with a
> >Bio-Rad MRC 600 equipped with a Krypton/Argon
> laser?
> > From MolProbes description it seems like green
> (488) channel should be
> >reserved for the antibody, but which of orange
> and/or red MitoTrackers
> >should we use?
> >
> >Thank you in advance
> >

> >      Dr. Michal Opas