CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

June 2003

From:
Jon Ekman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:46:33 -0400

Ruth,

APC makes a mini air conditioner on wheels. (http://www.apc.com Network
air 1000) There are other manufacturers out there but I think APC sells
worldwide. If you have a sink in your room for the condensate to drain
into and either a window or tile ceiling for the hot air to escape, a
unit like this may work for you. We use it to cool a cabinet full of
dual processor computers (7) in a 10x10 room. Without the unit, using
only house A/C the room sits at 100F. With the unit, we keep the room at
about 75F. It plugs into a normal US wall socket I am sure APC has one
that will work with your wall outlets.

The unit makes about as much noise as an argon laser. The unit was about
$800 US with shipping last year.

We are satisfied customers with no personal interest in APC.

Jon Ekman
Florida State University

Jon Ekman <[log in to unmask]>