CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

July 2003

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:19:35 -0700

Yes, if one changes lenses by software control, then the nosepiece of
an Axiovert drops  before rotating the lenses.  However, if one rotates
objectives by hand, there is no drop and there is a risk of scraping
the objective against the underside of the stage.  However, this is a
different issue from the problem of driving the stage into the
objectives.

Glen
> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> Dear All
> I have been following this thread.
> I am a bit lost, mind you a barely have time to sleep anymore.
> We have a Zeiss Axioskop2 with a Pascal head.
> I did not experience the same problem (so far).
> I remember vaguely that in the maintenance icon under
> lenses you had to set the focal position of each lens.
> (done by Anaspec for us!)
> Each time you change the lens position the stage drop
> before rotating the nose peace.
> Just a odd question for your guys out there tat live
> on/next to CLSM systems.  Is this not related to the amount
> the stage drop to get the next lens in place?
> Will offsetting the focal position not solve the problem?
> (not the ideal but might it work?)

Glen MacDonald
Core for Communication Research
Virginia Merrill Bloedel Hearing Research Center
Box 357923
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-7923  USA
(206) 616-4156

******
The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better", so I bought a Macintosh.
******