CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2003

From:
Anje Sporbert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:36:41 +0200

One more in the list ! We had exactely the same problem Larry and Xuejun

described. Several of our oil objectives were crashed and we thought all
the
time that some careless user or our live cell chamber (with metall
parts)
would be the reason.
However, there were no sharp metall edges with could scratch in such a
way
the top metall cover and the front lens of an objective just in the
center.
We heard from an english group having the same problem and than inquired

with Zeiss.
The company now offered us to get the damaged objectives repaired and to

change the bottom side of the stage in a way that it  wont damage the
nearby
objectives and there are no sharp edges anymore (in principle by
drilling a
bigger hole at this position).

Best wishes,

Anje

***************************************
Dr. Anje Sporbert

AG Leonhardt/Cardoso
Max-Delbrueck-Center for Molecular Medicine
Franz-Volhard-Clinic
Wiltbergstr. 50
13125 Berlin
Germany