CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2003

From:
Alan Hibbs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:17:56 -0700

Dear Roberto,

Phagocytosis is a very temperature dependant process as cellular
membranes are involved. One of the best ways of fully controlling the
temperature of the cells at 37deg over an extended period on the
microscope is to fully enclose the microscope (or at least the
microscope stage and objectives) with an insulated cover. These can be
purchased commercially, or you can make your own using insulated bubble
plastic and a small egg incubator heater.

A heated imaging chamber (for example, the Bioptechs Delta T dish) with
a microscope objective heater can also be used, but for critical
temperature control over an extended period an enclosed microscope is
much better.

Good luck,

Regards, Alan.

BIOCON (publishers of the manual "Confocal Microscopy for Biologists",
mailto:[log in to unmask])
7 Walhalla Drive                 Phone: 61 3 9876 9822    FAX: 61 3 8660
2290
Ringwood East VIC 3135        Director: Dr. Alan R. Hibbs
Australia