CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2003

From:
James Beals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:26:43 -0500

I would like to know if there is a table that lays out;
Wavelengths and intensity over time for cell cultures.
I understand that there is going to be variation between cell lines and
types, (we are looking at cancer) but are there guidelines?  For
simplicity, continuos exposure.  I understand that short intervals are
less photo toxic.
For and example.
How bright, and how long would it take to induce apoptosis with 350nm
(+ 20nm)?
What is the kindest wave lengths of light for cells in culture. Or is
white light better?
Transmitted conditions, DIC or Phase-contrast.

I would/will enjoy a discussion, but I am looking for something to put
on the wall of the lab.

Thanks in advance

James Beals
Research Associate II