CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2003

From:
Glen MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:03:44 -0800

I've been trying to measure a PSF for fluorescent labels embedded in
epoxy resin which has a refractive index of about 1.48.  Spurr's epoxy
dissolves latex and polystyrene beads even better than does xylene
based mounting media.  Last week I dried down some quantum dots and
stirred them into Spurr's epoxy, then poured  into molds or
coverslipped on slides.  Have only had a brief chance to work with
them, but it looks promising. also stirred some into DPX and mounted on
several slides with different thicknesses of coverglass.

Regards,
Glen