CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Roberto Caricchio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:08:16 -0500

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to run some real time phagocytosis of apoptotic cells
essays. I was wondering if any of you could share his/her expertise in
dyeing the cytoplasmic membrane of the phagocytic cell. I have two
problems to solve for this matter: 1) the apoptotic cells are already
fluorescent, they express eGFP, so the dye has to be far from eGFP, 2)
the phagocytic cells are capable of pinocytosis and I would like to
exclude that possibility, so probably a dye working at 4 degrees would
do it.

Any insight will be very much appreciated.

Sincerely

Roberto

Roberto Caricchio, MD
Research Assistant Professor