CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

December 2003

From:
Jon Ekman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:27:01 -0500

Haven't had anyone come through (yet) looking at the tissues you
mentioned but if you want a different 2P wavelength, try 910nm.

We did some playing around with wavelengths and found that between 740nm
and 840nm you could excite Egfp along with other fluorophores which is
great if you have the ability to isolate the flourescence to individual
channels (we don't).

At 910nm, on our 5W pumped Mira 900, egfp looks great with little
background (LSM 510). We used Dapi, Rhodamine and GFP plastic
fluorescent slides to check fluorescence at different wavelengths. At
910nm only the GFP slide's fluor was excited and detected. This may or
may not help you depending on whether your laser is equipped to work at
higher wavelengths. We need to purge with nitrogen to get the room
humidity below 25% to work at 910nm.

Hope this helps.
-Jon
Florida State University