CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2004

From:
"J. Paul Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:35:13 -0500

We don't run courses on "high throughput microscopy" as
such - do you really mean "high throughput"?

we have run several graduate courses for many years at
Purdue. We are in our 11 consecutive year of offering these
courses.  The Engineering courses were introduced 3 years
ago and we teach several courses that are designed
specifically for engineering students going into our
biomedical engineering program, many of whom don't have
strong bio backgrounds.

BMS 524: Introduction to Confocal Microscopy and Image
analysis (1CR)
BMS 527: Practical component of above course (1CR)
BMS 633: Confocal microscopy and Image analysis for
Engineering students (2CR) ( includes practical)

You can have all my lectures in PPT format if you want. I
have openly shared them for many years.

Paul Robinson
Purdue

On 15 Jan 2004 at 13:07, Scott Snyder wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> I am trying to find out just how many courses covering hands on high
> throughput microscopy are available to students as part of their coursework.
> Does anyone know of one of these, where and when it is held? I know these are
> pretty rare, I just want to find out how rare.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> D. Scott Snyder, Ph.D.
> Lab Manager, Integrated Microscopy Core
> Baylor College of Medicine
> (713) 798-4952

J.Paul Robinson, PhD             PH:(765)4940757
Professor of Immunopharmacology
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Purdue University          FAX:(765)4940517
EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
WEB: http://www.cyto.purdue.edu