CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
Nuno Moreno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:25:59 +0000

Dear Ian,

I've been using pol-l-lysine with water like medium with some success.

Just do the following:

1- Spread a bit o pol-l-lysine in you coverslip and let it dry
2- Add your beads and let them dry (I use PS-Speck from M. Probes..this
is probably familiar to you!)
3- Add some water and seal it

If you look at the ones near the coverslip, you will have several ones
fixed. Nevertheless if you don't have an objective with correction
collar, be sure that your sample is as close as it can be from the
coverslip, but I usually use a glycerol 1.3 with correction for
spherical aberration...it makes a difference!

Notwithstanding, if some one has that transparent gel similar to 1.3 RI,
it would be welcome.

All the best,
Nuno Moreno
Phone: +351 214464606