CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
"J. Paul Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 00:31:53 +0100

we pubblished some work about 10 years ago on this area

Title: Intracellular Superoxide and Hydrogen Peroxide Anion
detection in Endothelial cells; Wayne O. Carter, Padmakumar
Narayanan, and J. Paul Robinson;  Journal of Leukocytel
Biology, Vol 55:253-258,1994

regards
paul robinson

On 19 Mar 2004 at 13:43, ray hester wrote:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> An investigator wants to examine reactive oxygen species (ROS) levels in
> cultured neonatal rat cardiomyocytes using confocal microscopy (they worry
> that removal of the cells from culture dishes in order to analyze them in
> the FACS might have an effect on the cells).  The dyes they are considering
> include dihydroethidium [DHE] and 2',7'-dichlorofluorescein diacetate
> [DCFH-DA].
> Can anyone suggest some compound(s) they can use as positive controls, i.e.,
> to induce ROS in these cells?
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Ray Hester
> Univ. of South Alabama
> Mobile, AL 36688

J.Paul Robinson, PhD             PH:(765)4940757
Professor of Immunopharmacology
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
Purdue University          FAX:(765)4940517
EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
WEB: http://www.cyto.purdue.edu

Have you seen our new HCS webpage?
http://www.cyto.purdue.edu/hcs