CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

March 2004

From:
Louis Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:18:58 -0500

     2004 MICROSCOPY TECHNICIAN SUMMER POSITION AVAILABLE

The Marine Biological Laboratory has a summer position available for 10
to 15 weeks (June, July, and August) for a microscopy oriented
technician.  We would like to attract someone with some knowledge of
biological preparative techniques and experience in any of the
following:  laser scanning confocal microscopy, TEM, SEM, and/or LM.

The technician will assist in the Central Microscopy Facility.   The
technician's duties will be to check out incoming investigators in the
usage of our equipment and then to supervise its continuing usage and to
perform contract work for investigators.  This may include fixation,
embedding, sectioning, scope use, imaging work, etc.  The technician may
also provide routine maintenance.

This is a short term and scientifically rewarding position.  Salary will
be in the $10/hour range.  Housing may be available to rent through MBL.

For more information, including a more detailed position description,
please contact Louis Kerr at:  MBL, 7 MBL Street, Woods Hole, MA 02543.
Telephone, 508-289-7273; or at Email: [log in to unmask]

Please apply to:  Human Resources, MBL, 7 MBL Street,
Woods Hole, MA  02543. or [log in to unmask]

You can visit our web site for online employment information and general
information regarding the Marine Biological Laboratory - http://www.mbl.edu/

An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ Non-smoking workplace.