CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

August 2004

From:
Gary Laevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 15:23:30 -0700

Hello all,

This question has just been posed and I need a correct answer.

I know that zooming on our Radiance 2000 when using a 63x oil
objective anymore than 2 to 3 times is a "waste."  The precise
definition of "waste" is what I'm looking for.  I have been told that
this will yield a digital artifact, due to artificial "filling," as a
result of decreased resolution.

I realize my definition is nothing even resembling precise.  Can
someone please fill me in?

Thank you.

Best,

Gary