CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:20:49 +1100

I think to be ab;e to answer this one usefully for you we need
to know two things:

1. What do you have bundled with your 510?  If you have the full
Carl Zeiss Imaging suite there won't be much to be gained from
any additional image analysis software, but if you have only the
minimal installation you may be able to add quite a bit of extra
functionality.

2. What do you want to do with your images?  Is your main aim
quantitation, post processing, 3D reconstruction or deconvolution?
Your choice may be quite different according to which of these is
your priority.  For 3D rendering it's hard to go past Voxx which
is superb - and free.

                                                    Guy Cox

Quoting Gregory Holmes <[log in to unmask]>:

> Search the CONFOCAL archive at
>
> I am looking for some opinions regarding Image Pro Plus. I especially
> would like to hear from anyone who has a Zeiss LSM510 confocal. What
> does Image Pro do that the others (Photoshop or software bundled with
> the scope) don't?
>
> My experience has been that every program has a loyal fan base who
> wouldn't use anything else. However, if software is essentially
> duplicative, it will get quite expensive buying multiple programs based
> upon personal preference.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

> Gregory M. Holmes, Ph.D.
> Director, Microscopy Core Facility
>
> Autonomic Neuroscience and SCI Laboratory
> Pennington Biomedical Research Center
> 6400 Perkins Road
> Baton Rouge, LA  70808-4124
>
> P (225) 763-2520