CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
Robert Zucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:00:55 -0500

We have presented a technique at FOM 2004 in Philadelphia and MM2004 in
Savannah to test spectroscopic imaging systems for reliability and
reproducibility. The data from those talks has just been published in a
review article (November 2004, Cytometry) dealing with numerous factors
regarding the calibration and validation of spectroscopic imaging.
Briefly,  we use an absolute reference light source that emits stable
spectral features between 400 and 650nm. This characterization enables
us to measure wavelength accuracy and reliability of a confocal system.
This paper is valuable for anyone involved in spectroscopy imaging. It
contains data obtained from the Leica SP, Leica AOBS, Zeiss Meta 510,
and Olympus FV1000 confocal spectroscopic imaging systems.

    Lerner JL Zucker, R.M.  “Calibration and validation of spectroscopic
   imaging: “Cytometry 62A:8-34 2004

 If you do not have access to Cytometry through your library or by
personal subscription as a member of the International Society of
Analytical Cytometry (ISAC) and would like a PDF file of this paper,
please contact me ( e-mail: [log in to unmask]) or Jeremy Lerner
Best wishes
Bob

Robert M. Zucker, PhD
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Research and Development
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory
Reproductive Toxicology Division, MD 72
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27711
Tel: 919-541-1585; fax 919-541-4017
e-mail: [log in to unmask]