CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

From:
Rolly Wiegand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:19:45 -0000

http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal Rolly - I think a
single announcement from a major player in the confocal field in not
egregious.  The folks at Bitplane are quite helpful to anyone who contacts
them for a demo, advice, etc.  I don't own a copy of their software (i am
trying to get funding to get one) and have no commercial interest in their
company but think they are a good vendor.

... and so are all the other companies producing imaging software and they
all have their fan communities. I think you're missing my point, I've got
nothing against Bitplane but the way of this ad. It came with the header
'Commercial anouncement' so what else than a commercial ad should it be? If
people are interested in products of these companies they can subscribe to
the respective suppliers' weblists. I just think that non-commercial sites
shouldn't be used for purely commercial ads.

Cheers

Rolly