CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

November 2004

Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:00:31 +1100

The LM5 live is a line scanner.  According to our Zeiss
rep here the beam splitter is a 'line mirror' - ie a
single silvered line on a blank piece of glass.  But I
still don't see how that works since I'd have thought
that if the illuminating beam was a line the returning
beam would also have to be a line at that plane.

Guy

.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?S1=confocal

--
Associate Professor Guy Cox
Electron Microscope Unit,

Phone:+61 2 9351 3176    Fax:+61 2 9351 7682
http://www.guycox.net