CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2005

From:
"Mcnamara, George" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:19:34 -0800

Could someone please send me, or point me to a web site with, the
fluorescence excitation and emission spectra (and while we're at it, how
about absorption spectrum) of acridine orange in lysosomes? Molecular Probes
has spectra for bound to DNA, but not for RNA or in acidic compartments
(i.e. lysosomes - i.e. "aggregated AO molecules"). I'd prefer data (text or
Excel file), but graphs would be fine. The usual suspects web sites (Aryeh
Weiss, Molecular Probes, BD spectra server, Zeiss (formerly Bio-Rad) spectra
server, and Carl Boswell and my site, Carl's original site) don't have
AO+RNA or AO aggregated.

thanks,

George
p.s. I ordered some old articles that may have all the spectra by
interlibrary loan, but don't expect them here in time for an experiment next
week.

George McNamara, Ph.D.
Imaging Scientist
Congressman Julian Dixon Image Core
The Saban Research Institute of Childrens Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd., MS 133, SRT 1016
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-669-2548 voice
323-251-8878 cell
323-668-7921 fax
http://shelia/image         Image Core Web (CHLA Intranet)
\\ntapps49\home           Image Core User Home (CHLA Intranet)
\\ntapps49\appnotes      Image Core Application Notes (CHLA Intranet)
http://www.childrenshospitalla.org/research.html       CHLA  Saban Research
Institute
http://home.earthlink.net/~geomcnamara                  Personal web site
http://home.earthlink.net/~mpmicro                          Microscopy web
site
http://www.mcb.arizona.edu/ipc/fret/default.htm         Fluorescent Spectra
site

"Old soldiers never die; they just fade away." - D. Macarthur.
"Old antibodies die; please throw them away." - GM.